Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad Issues

Hi Everyone,

After scouring the internet for ages I have finally decided too see if I can get any help here (thanks in advance)!

I am having a deeply annoying issue with the built-in trackpad on my MacBook Pro 11,3. After booting, the trackpad will work perfectly for about 3 seconds and then whatever I do on the trackpad (apart from clicking, strangely) will happen about 15 seconds later (so every action on the trackpad is delayed by around 15 seconds). On top of this, the trackpad occasionally clicks on random things on my screen, zooms in and out on webpages, moves my cursor and randomly highlights text (although, this is quite rare). I have tried pretty much every solution under the sun (SMC reset, PRAM/NVRAM reset, Apple Diagnostic tool, re-installing MacOS, deleting .plist flies, completely erasing the hard drive and reinstalling MacOS, scanning my computer for viruses) and nothing has worked. I would be super appreciative of any help anyone has to offer! (I am currently using a USB mouse which is a bit of a nuisance and sort of defeats the purpose of a MacBook. Also, the keyboard is unaffected.)

Again, thanks soooo much in advance!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 12:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 16, 2020 2:32 AM in response to LarryMac101

You have already tried the steps to troubleshoot if it is a software issue where a clean install should have done the job.

Now the second part if it is a hardware issue that is causing then the Apple diagnostics tool should have helped in identifying any issue. Which didn't help

Have you had any issue with the battery or was it replaced? Incase if it was the same that came with MacBook Pro check if there are any sign of bulging. This could affect the trackpad in MacBook Pro.

You need a professional assistance or service from apple / apple authorized to identify the root cause and fix it.

Trackpad Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.