Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad not response, but it worked while on setup screen

Once Update the software to-day, the trackpad no response, but it work on setup screen !

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 3:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 8:58 PM

I've seen similar issues with the keyboard which will work fine until a user logs in. In my experience this usually ends up being a hardware issue even though common sense says it should be caused by a setting/preference or some software issue.

Try booting into Safe Mode to see if you still have the problem. Also try creating a new user account, then reboot the computer and log into the new user account to see if the problem still occurs.

Try an SMC reset and a PRAM reset (hold the PRAM reset for at least three chimes or a full minute).

Run the Apple Diagnostics.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2020 8:58 PM in response to Sammy Ho

I've seen similar issues with the keyboard which will work fine until a user logs in. In my experience this usually ends up being a hardware issue even though common sense says it should be caused by a setting/preference or some software issue.

Try booting into Safe Mode to see if you still have the problem. Also try creating a new user account, then reboot the computer and log into the new user account to see if the problem still occurs.

Try an SMC reset and a PRAM reset (hold the PRAM reset for at least three chimes or a full minute).

Run the Apple Diagnostics.

Trackpad not response, but it worked while on setup screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.