Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading live photos as jpeg

I have gone through all my live photos on my iPhone (one by one) and switched off Live on each of them, however when I download them from iCloud they are still downloading as zip files, not jpeg. I need jpeg format to create a photobook. I am using my iMac. How can I convert the zip files into jpeg? Thanks

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 4:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 11:14 AM

Hello, marsiebar.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From what has been read is that you need to download your photos to your iMac but they are compressed and not Jpeg. We'd be glad to help. For compressed files, all you should need to do is double click on them to uncompress the zipped files: Compress or uncompress files and folders on Mac

You may also want to check out this article for downloading photos from iCloud: Download iCloud photos and videos

"On your Mac or PC

1. On iCloud.com, click Photos and select a photo or video. Hold the command key on your Mac or control key on your PC to select multiple photos or videos. 
  2. Click and hold the download icon  in the upper corner of the window. If you want to download your photo or video as it was originally captured or imported, choose Unmodified Original. For JPEG or H.264 format — including edits, and even if it was originally in HEIF or HEVC format — choose Most Compatible.*
  3. Click Download".

Keep us updated.

Best regards.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2020 11:14 AM in response to marsiebar

Hello, marsiebar.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From what has been read is that you need to download your photos to your iMac but they are compressed and not Jpeg. We'd be glad to help. For compressed files, all you should need to do is double click on them to uncompress the zipped files: Compress or uncompress files and folders on Mac

You may also want to check out this article for downloading photos from iCloud: Download iCloud photos and videos

"On your Mac or PC

1. On iCloud.com, click Photos and select a photo or video. Hold the command key on your Mac or control key on your PC to select multiple photos or videos. 
  2. Click and hold the download icon  in the upper corner of the window. If you want to download your photo or video as it was originally captured or imported, choose Unmodified Original. For JPEG or H.264 format — including edits, and even if it was originally in HEIF or HEVC format — choose Most Compatible.*
  3. Click Download".

Keep us updated.

Best regards.

Downloading live photos as jpeg

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.