Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i recover text messages i accidently deleted without a computer and not do a reset because i dont want to lose my pictures or new text

I accidentally deleted some text messages and I don’t have a computer is there any way I can get them back without doing a reset on my iPhone 11 because I have new pictures and text messages I don’t want to lose

iPhone 11, 13

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 4:36 PM

If you’re using messages in iCloud then all deletions are permanent and cannot be recovered -> Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support

If you do not use messages in iCloud, then they may be in your backup (if a more recent backup made since you deleted the messages has not over-written the backup that had them). But to restore a backup, everything currently on the device will be removed and replaced with the backup contents. So there is no way to restore a backup and keep anything added to the device since that backup file was made.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2020 4:36 PM in response to Liljakers

If you’re using messages in iCloud then all deletions are permanent and cannot be recovered -> Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support

If you do not use messages in iCloud, then they may be in your backup (if a more recent backup made since you deleted the messages has not over-written the backup that had them). But to restore a backup, everything currently on the device will be removed and replaced with the backup contents. So there is no way to restore a backup and keep anything added to the device since that backup file was made.

how can i recover text messages i accidently deleted without a computer and not do a reset because i dont want to lose my pictures or new text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.