Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I update Macbook Air from Catalina 10.5.1 beta to a newer version?

My current Catalina version is 10.15.1 Beta (19B86a), but when I check to see if there's an available update, it says that my Mac is up to date. I downloaded Catalina 10.5.4 update for an upgrade but I got no luck, it gives me an error as stated on the screenshot below. I thought I need to update my beta version first before upgrading to 10.5.4, so I downloaded Catalina 10.5.1 update, but same error persists. Could anyone tell me what's going on?

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 5:54 PM

Perhaps you could fully remove Catalina Beta versions; and start in Recovery, run repair disk.

And then see about either Mojave 10.14.6 first, &/or see IF the non-beta 10.15.4+ is supported

in your build/year version MacBook Air. ~ (Could be it's not.) +May need more RAM, if older.

See full installer compatibility in Support article and upgrade link here:

• How to upgrade to macOS Catalina - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201475

Good luck & happy trails!🌻🐝

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2020 5:54 PM in response to Maccorei5

Perhaps you could fully remove Catalina Beta versions; and start in Recovery, run repair disk.

And then see about either Mojave 10.14.6 first, &/or see IF the non-beta 10.15.4+ is supported

in your build/year version MacBook Air. ~ (Could be it's not.) +May need more RAM, if older.

See full installer compatibility in Support article and upgrade link here:

• How to upgrade to macOS Catalina - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201475

Good luck & happy trails!🌻🐝

Why can't I update Macbook Air from Catalina 10.5.1 beta to a newer version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.