Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot update my iPhone 7 while connected to my iMac. I do NOT want to hit restore. Phone is unresponsive, even power cable doesn't seem to register as connected.

I cannot update my iPhone 7 ... even while connected to my iMac.

I shut down the iMac this morning, allowed software update (while phone connected to computer): thereafter, phone unresponsive.

I do NOT want to hit restore. Phone is unresponsive, even power cable doesn't seem to register as connected.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 10:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2020 4:58 PM in response to SravanKrA

I suffered a catastrophic failure, caused by internal device malfunction. Eventually found this: I found my problem: my iphone had a catastrophic failure because it was manufactured in China. https://support.apple.com/ja-jp/iphone-7-no-service

certain iPhones made in China had a problem: my serial number matched. “Bring to Apple Store for replacement”. I went immediately because I cannot work without my phone. They took it, restored to factory-settings: “here: fixed!”... lost all my data and same crappy device. Happen again?

I’m so mad right now. Apple just continues to disappoint.

I cannot update my iPhone 7 while connected to my iMac. I do NOT want to hit restore. Phone is unresponsive, even power cable doesn't seem to register as connected.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.