Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store update Verification Failed

When I go to update my apps, I am prompted to put in my Apple ID password. Despite putting in the correct password, it tells me "Verification Failed - Your apple ID or password is incorrect." I know the password is correct, I can log into things like ICloud fine, and I've even signed out and signed back in on my phone multiple times. I've changed passwords multiple times to be sure the password is correct. The only time I get the verification failed message is when trying to update apps.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 12:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 12:12 AM

This is a repost of a previous issue - I finally found a solution with help from Apple support. It seems the password is required because the apps installed on the device where installed using a different email address for the same Apple ID. All the apps that where installed under the previous email address need to be removed from the device and re-installed under the new Username/email address.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2020 12:12 AM in response to Techbert

This is a repost of a previous issue - I finally found a solution with help from Apple support. It seems the password is required because the apps installed on the device where installed using a different email address for the same Apple ID. All the apps that where installed under the previous email address need to be removed from the device and re-installed under the new Username/email address.

App Store update Verification Failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.