Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Live photo not working on Apple watch face

I have a series 5 Apple watch I set a Live photo for the Apple watch face the Live photo is working completely fine on my iPhone but it does not work on my Apple watch (I have to touch and hold the photo then it works) how do I set so the photo works on its own when I lift my arm up?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 3:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 3:48 PM

Hi all,

the point is to lift the arm and the Live Photo to animate, just like on every Apple Watch from 1 to 4.

On the Apple Watch 5, when the always on display is enabled this feature stops working.

If you disable the screen always on feature, the Live Photo animates when you lift your arm.

is there any way for this to be fixed? Any workaround?

thanks

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2020 3:48 PM in response to Leanne_68

Hi all,

the point is to lift the arm and the Live Photo to animate, just like on every Apple Watch from 1 to 4.

On the Apple Watch 5, when the always on display is enabled this feature stops working.

If you disable the screen always on feature, the Live Photo animates when you lift your arm.

is there any way for this to be fixed? Any workaround?

thanks

Jul 21, 2020 9:49 AM in response to shreyash192

Hi shreyash192,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you need some help viewing Live Photos using your Apple Watch.

You are already following the correct steps to view your Live Photos. It will be necessary to touch and hold a Live Photo on your Apple Watch.

"View a Live Photo on Apple Watch

Look for the Live Photo symbol in the bottom-right corner of a photo, then touch and hold the photo.

For more information about Live Photos, see the iPhone User Guide."

You'll find additional information linked below.

Cheers!

Live photo not working on Apple watch face

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.