Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music not working properly on Apple TV 4K

Hi

I have exactly the same problem as described on previous threads.

After activating an Apple Music subscription, Apple TV 4K refuses to play songs outside my personal iTunes library.

Sharing works but it's not the same as you might not want to use a secondary device for something Apple TV 4K is perfectly capable of handling on its own

Even though I followed all steps in other threads suggesting activating Home Sharing, it still isn't working (it was already active).

I stopped short of resetting the device to factory settings...

Setup: Apple TV 4K, mac OS catalina, latest iTunes on Windows 10, iPhone SE, iPhone 8 Plus, iPad mini 2, iPad mini (latest gen).

It seems that Apple Music on Apple TV 4K gets stuck in a state when it won't recognize an Apple Music subscription activation.

It feels like a TV OS bug or an issue with Apple servers.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 7:48 AM

SOLVED!

I did a hard reboot and it solved the problem:

Press and hold the button with the screen icon, and the Menu button simultaneously, waiting for the light on the Apple TV to flash before releasing.

1 reply

Apple Music not working properly on Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.