Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When iPad "falls asleep" the podcast I'm listening to via internet sleeps along with it... solution?

Is there a solution to this? I feel like on my iPhone or computer, the device going to sleep doesn't affect podcast etc listening, but with my iPad, once it goes to sleep, so does my podcast. Are podcasts like YouTube where (unless you pay extra) it doesn't let you keep hearing audio from the internet despite it going to sleep? But also, if it's an Apple Podcast it seems to continue to play despite the device sleeping (the podcast that keeps going to sleep is one from another forum). So I'm a little confused here. Thanks for any help.

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 7:59 AM

Hello,

It sounds like the website you are using does not support iPad's system multitasking.

2 replies

When iPad "falls asleep" the podcast I'm listening to via internet sleeps along with it... solution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.