Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t purchase apps from the App Store or music from iTunes (on my new iPad Pro)

When I click to purchase the box comeS up that shows what I want to purchase, my account name and a button that says CONFIRM WITH BUTTON. Also in the upper left corner of the screen FLASHING are the words DOUBLE CLICK

I‘ve touched the button

double clicked the button

checked that my apps purchase button was on

rebooted

but still not able to purchase anything apps or music.

Ann

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 5:21 PM

what happens after you double click? Are you sure you are double clicking at the proper speed?

I poked around in the settings of my iPad Pro.. and if you go to Settings > Accessibility > Top Button you can try a slower click speed.. or there is a switch at the bottom of the menu that says 'Use Passcode for Payments'. See if that helps?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2020 5:21 PM in response to Granann52

what happens after you double click? Are you sure you are double clicking at the proper speed?

I poked around in the settings of my iPad Pro.. and if you go to Settings > Accessibility > Top Button you can try a slower click speed.. or there is a switch at the bottom of the menu that says 'Use Passcode for Payments'. See if that helps?

I can’t purchase apps from the App Store or music from iTunes (on my new iPad Pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.