Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 13 DOES PLAY FLAC!!!!!

I was able to Airdrop FLAC files from my iMac to my iphone (7) running iOS 13.5. I downloaded them to the iPhone. And now - when I click on the .flac file - it plays. And it plays natively, like in a file manager - NOT through iPhones. This is great. This is what happens when the iOS dev team is kept separate from the iTunes dev team.

Now - How do I get an equalize on my iPhone to work with the .flac files?

iPhone 7

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 4:10 PM

Hi there kmckenna45,

Thank you for choosing Apple Support Communities!

It sounds as though you’re looking into information regarding changing the way music sounds on iPhone using the EQ settings when playing FLAC files.

You’re in the right place, we’d be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

While using the EQ settings to change how music sounds on iPhone is not currently possible when playing FLAC files, you can always provide feedback for a product or feature request. Below is a resource that can help:

Product Feedback - Apple

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2020 4:10 PM in response to kmckenna45

Hi there kmckenna45,

Thank you for choosing Apple Support Communities!

It sounds as though you’re looking into information regarding changing the way music sounds on iPhone using the EQ settings when playing FLAC files.

You’re in the right place, we’d be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

While using the EQ settings to change how music sounds on iPhone is not currently possible when playing FLAC files, you can always provide feedback for a product or feature request. Below is a resource that can help:

Product Feedback - Apple

Have a great day!

IOS 13 DOES PLAY FLAC!!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.