Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to update my iphone 6 if i am not being prompted to

I need to update my i phone so that I may download the apple support app but my phone says I am up to date. Maybe my device is not compatible? ~or can i get and update my phone off of the website or a computer? And if so, please tell me how...Thank you

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 2:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 2:31 AM

You have an iPhone 6. Your iPhone states that it is up to date. It probably is. Does it have iOS 12.4.6 on it at this time? Check by opening Settings ➔ General ➔ Software Update - Here you will be able to see which version of software that you have and also will know if there are any updates available.

iOS 12 is the highest version of iOS that you can have on your iPhone 6. If have this version then you are good.. There is no other way to go beyond iOS 12 on your iPhone 6.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2020 2:31 AM in response to JjYumwithDSmarties

You have an iPhone 6. Your iPhone states that it is up to date. It probably is. Does it have iOS 12.4.6 on it at this time? Check by opening Settings ➔ General ➔ Software Update - Here you will be able to see which version of software that you have and also will know if there are any updates available.

iOS 12 is the highest version of iOS that you can have on your iPhone 6. If have this version then you are good.. There is no other way to go beyond iOS 12 on your iPhone 6.

Axel F.

How to update my iphone 6 if i am not being prompted to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.