Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad won't update

I have tried everything to get my ipad to update and I can't. Now its saying to download connect this device to itunes, which i already did. Online it says to update through the computer, which doesn't give an option anywhere.

iPad Pro, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 12:56 PM

Okay. iPad Pro 9.7”. You should be able to update to the current OS version - at time of writing, iPadOS 13.6.

As you iPad is so far behind, the OTA Software Update from your iPad settings will not be successful. You must instead use either a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTune or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of macOS).

This support page should help:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2020 12:56 PM in response to sarahchristine12

Okay. iPad Pro 9.7”. You should be able to update to the current OS version - at time of writing, iPadOS 13.6.

As you iPad is so far behind, the OTA Software Update from your iPad settings will not be successful. You must instead use either a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTune or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of macOS).

This support page should help:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Jul 18, 2020 11:40 AM in response to LotusPilot

I have a version 9.3.2 Trying to install the iOS 13 update. I followed online instructions until it told me to delete and reinstall the update. And now it says to connect the iPad to the iTunes on my computer. I have connected it and it is an HP computer. I’ve also connected it to my Microsoft account which has no option for updating

ipad won't update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.