Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ok I understand that but I more of wanted to know if I could upgrade it further because there are many downloads on the App Store that require 10.14 or later to get them and I don’t know how to upgrade mine. I have a MacBook Air mid 2011

Is it possible to further upgrade my MacBook Air mid 2011 from High Sierra 10.13.6 considering many apps on the App Store require a later version and also because I can’t find my safari and when I tried to re install it it said that there was no application set to open the URL http://www.apple.com/safari/. And the solution it said is that I need to re install my mac OS and I want to use the opportunity to upgrade

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 12:35 PM

No your MacBook Air from 2011 cannot upgrade further than High Sierra 10.13.6.

The latest macOS''s Mojave and Catalina require a MacBook Air from 2012 or later.

Have a look for yourself, read Section 1 from this link,

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

1 reply

Ok I understand that but I more of wanted to know if I could upgrade it further because there are many downloads on the App Store that require 10.14 or later to get them and I don’t know how to upgrade mine. I have a MacBook Air mid 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.