Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it worth making a Genius Bar appointment if my MacBook Air Has become non responsive after a water damage?

My daughters MacBook Air is unresponsive after a water damage. Can this be repaired?

FCC ID: QDS-BRCM 1072

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 12:29 PM

Your call. Ask the folks at Apple. The discussion there is at least free. They won’t cover water damage under the warranty. And the extent of water damage won’t be known, short of looking at the hardware. But if you’re discussing repairs, that implies it was either a fair amount of water, or the water got somewhere critical.

Get Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2020 12:29 PM in response to mila242

Your call. Ask the folks at Apple. The discussion there is at least free. They won’t cover water damage under the warranty. And the extent of water damage won’t be known, short of looking at the hardware. But if you’re discussing repairs, that implies it was either a fair amount of water, or the water got somewhere critical.

Get Support

Is it worth making a Genius Bar appointment if my MacBook Air Has become non responsive after a water damage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.