Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Burn

How do I fix the screen burn of an Apple loading screen on my 5th gen iPad pro?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 6:19 PM

The only way to eliminate screen burn-in is to charge up your iPad to 100%.

Fully power down your iPad. DO NOT leave it plugged into power.

DO NOT use this iPad for a full 4 days, or so!

If you cheat and check this iPad too early and the burn-in/ghosting is still there, you will just need to go through this 4-days of non-iPad use, again!

The screen pixels/phosphors need to de-energise enough for the ghosting to disappear.

This screen de-energising takes days, NOT hours to clear-up!

You cannot power up or use this iPad for 4-days, or so!

This is a time thing and the ONLY solution to this screen ghosting/burn-in issue.

I have had this happen to iPads over the years and this is the ONLY thing that will clear the iPad ghosting is to completely power down and STOP using the iPad completely for a series of days.

4 days should be enough to get rid of the burn-in/ghosting where the screen burn-in/ghosting will not return for awhile.

Best of Luck to You!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2020 6:19 PM in response to Suave101

The only way to eliminate screen burn-in is to charge up your iPad to 100%.

Fully power down your iPad. DO NOT leave it plugged into power.

DO NOT use this iPad for a full 4 days, or so!

If you cheat and check this iPad too early and the burn-in/ghosting is still there, you will just need to go through this 4-days of non-iPad use, again!

The screen pixels/phosphors need to de-energise enough for the ghosting to disappear.

This screen de-energising takes days, NOT hours to clear-up!

You cannot power up or use this iPad for 4-days, or so!

This is a time thing and the ONLY solution to this screen ghosting/burn-in issue.

I have had this happen to iPads over the years and this is the ONLY thing that will clear the iPad ghosting is to completely power down and STOP using the iPad completely for a series of days.

4 days should be enough to get rid of the burn-in/ghosting where the screen burn-in/ghosting will not return for awhile.

Best of Luck to You!

Screen Burn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.