Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Threats from the internet

I accidentally pressed some links on the internet that strange websites popped up. After that, there are events on my calendar that cannot be deleted - the events pop up everyday. How do I check if there are viruses in my iphone and how do I fix this? How do I delete these events?

(When I tapped on this event, unlike other events, there is no delete button. Does this mean that my iphone has had virus?)

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 7:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 7:30 PM

You subscribed to a spammer’s calendar.

Find and remove the rogue calendar.

How to unsubscribe from calendars on your iPhone - Apple Support

Lots of scams aroundM too—phone calls with spoofed senders, fake Apple support mail, all sorts of tricks:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Clicking on stuff in spam mail (such as “unsubscribe” links) and in calendar entries will likely just draw more spam and more scams.

Oh, and many add-on VPN apps are, well, sketchy.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2020 7:30 PM in response to han1909

You subscribed to a spammer’s calendar.

Find and remove the rogue calendar.

How to unsubscribe from calendars on your iPhone - Apple Support

Lots of scams aroundM too—phone calls with spoofed senders, fake Apple support mail, all sorts of tricks:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Clicking on stuff in spam mail (such as “unsubscribe” links) and in calendar entries will likely just draw more spam and more scams.

Oh, and many add-on VPN apps are, well, sketchy.

Threats from the internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.