Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

external drives on my MacBook Air are not mounting without restarting after 10.15.6 update

My external drives on my MacBook Air are not mounting without restarting after 10.15.6 update. They are all plugged into a Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Dock Pro. The power works, but none of the peripherals (including a usb universal connector for a mouse). If I restart the computer, the devices show up. This was not the case prior to the update.

The scenario before the update, was if I plugged the dock into the computer, all of the peripheral devices became available.

MacBook

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 5:43 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 19, 2020 12:30 PM in response to shiva53

Hello Shiva,

Which troubleshooting steps have you completed to address this issue? Have you tried the following:-

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM.

Axel F.

external drives on my MacBook Air are not mounting without restarting after 10.15.6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.