Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple News App Audio Tab Button

Why isn't the audio tab appearing on my iPhone's Apple News App? I deleted and reinstalled the News app, but the audio burrow is not appearing. I like in the US and it should be appearing.

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 3:36 PM

Hey kenneth201,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We understand you're not seeing the option for Audio in Apple News. We're happy to look into this with you.

You mentioned you're in the U.S. we'd like to double check that your location is set the U.S. as well. Check that in Settings > General > Language & Region

If your region is set to United States already, we'd like to look into this a bit further with you. Some helpful information would be:

Are you an Apple News+ subscriber?

What's the current iOS version on your device? You can find that in Settings > General > About

Thanks again, and have a great day!

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2020 3:36 PM in response to kenneth201

Hey kenneth201,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We understand you're not seeing the option for Audio in Apple News. We're happy to look into this with you.

You mentioned you're in the U.S. we'd like to double check that your location is set the U.S. as well. Check that in Settings > General > Language & Region

If your region is set to United States already, we'd like to look into this a bit further with you. Some helpful information would be:

Are you an Apple News+ subscriber?

What's the current iOS version on your device? You can find that in Settings > General > About

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Aug 5, 2020 8:32 PM in response to Rob_1234_M

Rob_1234_M wrote:

I have the English language in the United States, News+ subscriber and using iOS 14.0. Does the audio feature not work for the betas?

As a News+ subscriber I am disappointed that I can’t use this feature.

Beta software is, by definition, not finished and may have bugs. If you want to use the feature, go back to iOS 13.6.

The non-disclosure agreement that you agreed to when you signed up for the beta program also stipulates that you can't discuss the beta software in public forums. You should let Apple know about any issues you're having by using the Feedback app that is included with the beta install.

Aug 6, 2020 7:58 AM in response to Rob_1234_M

Rob_1234_M wrote:

Sure that’s fine, but why is it a PUBLIC beta? Why are there so many you tubers that have reviewed the private beta?

It is a "public" beta because it's available to anyone who wants to use, it not just registered developers. The fact that people are violating the NDA on YouTube is irrelevant. Apple may or may not chose to pursue legal action. However, this is an Apple owned and controlled forum. There aren't that many things that are not allowed but, breaking that NDA is definitely not permitted.

Personally, I can't think of a sensible reason why someone would risk the functionality of their only device just to try out unfinished features before everyone else. It only makes sense if you have a spare device devoted to testing.

Plus that doesn’t seem to be a bug, just a missing feature. Finally, shouldn’t they be testing their newest feature on their newest build?

Which part of "it's not finished" isn't clear?

Apple News App Audio Tab Button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.