Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What should we do if asked about owner password and I don’t know it?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 12:37 PM

pragati144 Said:

———-

How to Sign Out:

Did you purchase this directly from someone? Was it their device? Do you now own it? It is useless to you, if you cannot log into it using your own account.

So, meet the seller face-to-face. Have them go here, while with you: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Note: Devices can only be associated to an Apple Account once every 90 days.

So, take this as a Learning Experience. The next time someone sells you a used item, be certain they are signed out of it. Once signed out, see if you can sign in, prior to purchase. If they disregard you being allowed to log in, prior to purchase, then do not purchase it.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2020 12:37 PM in response to pragati144

pragati144 Said:

———-

How to Sign Out:

Did you purchase this directly from someone? Was it their device? Do you now own it? It is useless to you, if you cannot log into it using your own account.

So, meet the seller face-to-face. Have them go here, while with you: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Note: Devices can only be associated to an Apple Account once every 90 days.

So, take this as a Learning Experience. The next time someone sells you a used item, be certain they are signed out of it. Once signed out, see if you can sign in, prior to purchase. If they disregard you being allowed to log in, prior to purchase, then do not purchase it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.