Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS 10.14.6 Majave won't install iTunes 12.8.2

ITunes quit working. I uninstalled it and now can't get it to re-install. The install says I need macOS 10.10.5 or later (I have 10.14.6) and it quits.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 11:30 AM

6 replies

Jul 22, 2020 4:34 PM in response to Douglas Horne

Hello Douglas Horne,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're unable to reinstall iTunes on your Mac. You're in the right place to find a resolution.

iTunes is an app that's built-in to macOS Mojave, Apps included on your Mac - Apple Support. Attempting to uninstall this app could potentially damage necessary files or data. In that scenario, it may be necessary to reinstall iTunes by reinstalling macOS from macOS Recovery.

If you're unable to follow the steps in either Update to the latest version of iTunes - Apple Support or Download iTunes 12.8.2 for Mac, try reinstalling macOS from macOS Recovery using the steps below next:

How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Take care.

Jul 23, 2020 4:53 PM in response to Douglas Horne

Hi Douglas Horne,

Glad to hear that you were able to get iTunes reinstalled. If you can't connect to the iTunes Store specifically, here's some suggestions to try next:

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services

If you're still unable to connect after following those steps, you may want to contact Apple Support using the link toward the bottom of that page.

Cheers!

macOS 10.14.6 Majave won't install iTunes 12.8.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.