Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RECOVER A DELETED MAILBOX CONTENTS

Besides the Sent mailbox, another Sent mail box appeared in my Icloud section on my desktop computer.

I thought this to be strange. Why are there two Sent mailboxes?

So I deleted the new gray one.

All of my sent mail has now disappeared, including from both the regular Sent mailbox.

How can that be restored???

Thank you,

Robert (Kyoto, Japan)

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 7:04 PM

Hello JOURNEYEAST and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It appears you are having some difficulty with some email data loss after having deleted a mailbox folder.

Did you happen to make a Time Machine backup before deleting that mailbox?

Use Time Machine to restore deleted files or older files - Apple Support

Restoring from backup would be your best option. If you do not have a backup and the account in question is IMAP where messages and structure like a Sent folder exist on a server, you might want to try deleting the account and then adding it again.

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2020 7:04 PM in response to JOURNEYEAST

Hello JOURNEYEAST and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It appears you are having some difficulty with some email data loss after having deleted a mailbox folder.

Did you happen to make a Time Machine backup before deleting that mailbox?

Use Time Machine to restore deleted files or older files - Apple Support

Restoring from backup would be your best option. If you do not have a backup and the account in question is IMAP where messages and structure like a Sent folder exist on a server, you might want to try deleting the account and then adding it again.

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Cheers.

Jul 22, 2020 7:26 PM in response to sterling r

Actually, it did not solve my problem, but it is good advice. My problem was solved when instead of my computer mail boxes I went to the iCloud boxes online and everything was there. I played with it for a few minutes, then went back to my computer boxes and everything had been returned as normal. Of course, it was waiting in iCloud which is better than any back up data from Time Machine it seems.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Robert

RECOVER A DELETED MAILBOX CONTENTS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.