Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help with possible hack

How am I able to know or find out if my phone had been hacked?

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 5:08 PM

8 replies

Jul 19, 2020 5:32 PM in response to Michy525

Michy525 Said:

"Need help with possible hack: How am I able to know or find out if my phone had been hacked?"

-------

Why Do You Ask?:

What makes you ask that? Is something of suspicion? More information would help.

Also, Secure your Account:

If concerned of a hacked Apple Account, most certainly modify your credentials. A few options to secure are:

Jul 19, 2020 9:03 PM in response to Michy525

Michy525 Said:

"Maybe hacked isn’t the word. My boyfriends ex got all his info. Into his bank account, added apps, tried to pair phones, showed up where we were. A ear showed up on his phone (live listen) so we were wondering if she has access to his phone and if that’s possible."

-------

Modify Credentials - ASAP:

Secure your Account:

A few options to secure are:

Jul 19, 2020 5:11 PM in response to Michy525

Hi,

It is very rare iPhones get hacked from outside sources, as one of the most secure devices in the world. If you think you could have been hacked, be sure to update your device to the latest software (iOS 13.6 for iPhone 6s and later, iOS 12.4.8 for iPhone 5s and 6.) If you are still unsure, I would contact Apple support and have them run a diagnostic test on your device.

Jul 19, 2020 9:13 PM in response to Michy525

iPhone can be hacked. It’s not common, but it happens.

More commonly, sketchy apps are installed, or Apple ID passwords or other passwords become known, or similar.

Access to your iCloud, or to your Apple ID, or other details is more common.

Check who has access to your Find My location tracking, and disable folks you don’t want to track you.

Sometimes cellular network shenanigans; SIM jacking. That’s a little more rare.

Recourse for a serious breach? Wipe and reload pretty much everything, new passwords everywhere including mail accounts, check around for strange or new hardware, new network-attached devices, reset and reload the router, cleaning out an established and malicious attacker can be a hassle.

Need help with possible hack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.