Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook air charger not working

should I just get a new charger and cord from apple? How do i know if it's the charger, cord, or computer?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 6:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 9:30 PM

First, can you please perform the following 2 tasks to see whether one or both of them resolve the charging issue?

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM

If none of the above helps then see if you can get another charger to test with your MacBook Air. If that does not work either then you know that the issue is within your MacBook Air. If the different charger works then you know that it was the previous charger which was the culprit.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2020 9:30 PM in response to jesso22

First, can you please perform the following 2 tasks to see whether one or both of them resolve the charging issue?

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM

If none of the above helps then see if you can get another charger to test with your MacBook Air. If that does not work either then you know that the issue is within your MacBook Air. If the different charger works then you know that it was the previous charger which was the culprit.

Axel F.

my macbook air charger not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.