Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my phone is coming up in my son's name

We have given our old phones to our kids. Now all my phones have my son's name linked to my Apple ID. Even my new phone that I have set up today says his name, not mine. I can't work out how to change it.

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 7:52 PM

Do the phones you gave to the kids have your Apple ID on them? Apple IDs are meant to be shared. If the phones have your Apple ID on them, I suggest you do the steps in the article below to remove your ID and make the phone 'their' phone.

Selling/Giving Away Device.    

If the kids don't have their own Apple ID, you can create one for them to use with the phone.

If 13 years old or older.

Apple ID - create a new.      

Apple ID – Create         

If under 13 years old, you will need to set up Family Sharing to create an ID.

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child.      

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.        

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2020 7:52 PM in response to kindra132

Do the phones you gave to the kids have your Apple ID on them? Apple IDs are meant to be shared. If the phones have your Apple ID on them, I suggest you do the steps in the article below to remove your ID and make the phone 'their' phone.

Selling/Giving Away Device.    

If the kids don't have their own Apple ID, you can create one for them to use with the phone.

If 13 years old or older.

Apple ID - create a new.      

Apple ID – Create         

If under 13 years old, you will need to set up Family Sharing to create an ID.

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child.      

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.        

my phone is coming up in my son's name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.