Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

13.4.8 buffering & loosing audio

Since the update of 13.4.8 I have buffering issues and I am loosing audio very frequently.

Also sometimes after leaving apps the audio is still playing through other apps.

Very strange but also very annoying.

Ivan

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 11:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 4:00 AM

Also sometimes after leaving apps the audio is still playing through other apps.

Audio-centric apps should continue playing audio, when returning to the home screen. That is intended behavior. You shouldn’t get multiple apps playing though each other, though.

Force-quit the misbehaving app(s). Then try again.

If the issue persists, then force-quit the misbehaving app(s). Restart the device. Then try again.

If the issue persists, then try deleting the misbehaving app(s), and download those again from the App Store.

If the issue still persists after that, then contact the app developer(s).

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2020 4:00 AM in response to ivanvanbeek

Audio-centric apps should continue playing audio, when returning to the home screen. That is intended behavior. You shouldn’t get multiple apps playing though each other, though.

Force-quit the misbehaving app(s). Then try again.

If the issue persists, then force-quit the misbehaving app(s). Restart the device. Then try again.

If the issue persists, then try deleting the misbehaving app(s), and download those again from the App Store.

If the issue still persists after that, then contact the app developer(s).

Jul 20, 2020 1:12 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Thank you for all the reactions also @rkaufmann87. thanks for the tip of iStumbler.... only thing I didn't do is unplug the ATV. what I did do is changing the channel of the particular 5Ghz channel. It looks like it did the trick. I really don't know what changed (could be the interfering channels that multiply like mushrooms here)...

I hope this was it... thank you all for the replies and help!!

Ivan

Jul 20, 2020 2:25 PM in response to ivanvanbeek

Glad you found a solution. If the situation comes back, re-do the same thing. I don't know your situation but you may want to look into a Mesh network, you want to ensure you have coverage if you have any of the following:

Home is 1500 sq. ft. or larger OR home is has multiple stories OR you have more than 5-10 network devices on the network. In my home I was having coverage issues. My home is 2500 sq. ft, 1 level and I support 30+ Internet devices . Once I installed a Mesh network (I chose the Google Mesh system) my problems went away.

Jul 21, 2020 8:13 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Yes I read a lot about the mesh routers.... but I am soo hooked on my Apple Airport Time Capsule (against all odds I know :-) although the wireless space it has to cover is small.... the wireless routers here in the Netherlands are really countless.... you wouldn't believe.... so channels against channels against channels...

But for now it works.... after the airport the (Google) Mesh router has to come in.... (that Chinese stuff the cable suppliers deliver are really *&*#... )

So thank you very much for the advice!!

Ivan

13.4.8 buffering & loosing audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.