Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to buy more storage on my iPad

How do I buy more storage on my iPad. I did buy more iCloud storage but I need more on my iPad

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 10:57 AM

It isn’t possible to add any additional local storage to your iPad. The amount of internal storage is fixed during manufacture.

If you need more internal storage than you iPad provides - and deleting files and content fails to free sufficient space - your only available option is to replace your iPad with a model that has adequate storage for your needs.

When deciding upon an iPad, it is always recommended that you purchase a device with as much internal storage as you can afford - as it cannot be added later. It is always better to have more storage than you need - rather than to need more storage than you have.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2020 10:57 AM in response to Buckhorn71

It isn’t possible to add any additional local storage to your iPad. The amount of internal storage is fixed during manufacture.

If you need more internal storage than you iPad provides - and deleting files and content fails to free sufficient space - your only available option is to replace your iPad with a model that has adequate storage for your needs.

When deciding upon an iPad, it is always recommended that you purchase a device with as much internal storage as you can afford - as it cannot be added later. It is always better to have more storage than you need - rather than to need more storage than you have.

How to buy more storage on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.