Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“This accessory may not be supported” is frozen on screen

How to unfreeze screen

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 4:18 PM

You do have an iPhone 7 correct? Are you holding them down at the same time? Try holding the side/top button down a little before you hold down on the volume down button.

5 replies

Jul 20, 2020 3:06 PM in response to Demo

Thank you Demo, but that didn’t work. No matter how long I held both buttons for nothing happened - until I released them and then the phone did a screen shot. Also cannot turn it off manually because the “...accessory not supported...” button can’t be dismissed. I am letting the battery run out now and hoping after it dies and is recharged it will unfreeze the screen but I’d rather actively fix it sooner. Thank you for your response!

Jul 20, 2020 8:18 PM in response to Demo

It worked! Thank you, Demo!! I was pushing the side button and the home button. I had it in my head that that was restart. So then I read your second suggestion, hitting the side button just before the home button, which made Siri respond. Eventually as I reread your words it dawned on me that I was reading what I thought you were saying and not what you were actually saying. Side and volume down worked.

Thanks so much for sticking it out with me! :)

“This accessory may not be supported” is frozen on screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.