Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone - my notifications got messed up

Got a new iPhone SE. Notifications from some apps (news apps) not making sound like they used to, sound notifications is on. And Facebook started to send me notification every time I get a message in Messenger. I can't seem to switch this off.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 11:19 AM

So, you've gone to Settings>Notifications and adjusted the settings for these apps and it's still wrong?

For Messenger, make sure you're checking both Settings>Notifications>Facebook and Settings>Notifications>Messenger.

4 replies

Jul 20, 2020 11:35 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thanks for your response. The Messenger problem I might have to talk to Facebook about, I can't find any way of switching those off, I still want to get notified when I get a message, I just don't want Facebook to notify me as well as Messenger. But the others, yes, I have checked, it says sounds on, but every time there is a new news story I miss it, because there is no sound. And why would this change just because my device is new, I've had these settings on on my old iphone 6s for years.

New iPhone - my notifications got messed up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.