Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don’t know how, but all of my text messages that were sent to a certain number have been completely erased or deleted. How do I recover that

I don’t know how, but all of my text messages that Were sent to a certain number have been deleted. How do I recover them

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 12:43 PM

If you're using iCloud Syncing for Messages, they are not part of a back up. Once they are deleted, they are gone.

If you're not using iCloud syncing and you have a back up that contains the messages, you can restore your phone from that back up.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Note that restoring your phone from a back up will overwrite everything currently on the phone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2020 12:43 PM in response to dorothy104

If you're using iCloud Syncing for Messages, they are not part of a back up. Once they are deleted, they are gone.

If you're not using iCloud syncing and you have a back up that contains the messages, you can restore your phone from that back up.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Note that restoring your phone from a back up will overwrite everything currently on the phone.

I don’t know how, but all of my text messages that were sent to a certain number have been completely erased or deleted. How do I recover that

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.