Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone XR Force Restart

I have an Iphone XR that used to be my son's and the password that he had is not working and we have tried to change it and when he did change it, and we tried that it was saying it was not the correct password again. I am needing to do a force restart. How do i do that through itunes?

iPhone XR

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 3:11 PM

See Recover your Apple ID when you can’t reset your password https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204921 which you may need to use.

“Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity. After you request account  recovery, you'll get an email with a confirmation of your request and the date and time of when you can expect to regain access. … When the wait period is over, Apple sends you a text or automated phone call with instructions to regain access to your account.” Read the whole document carefully. 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2020 3:11 PM in response to KB_04_14_16_19

See Recover your Apple ID when you can’t reset your password https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204921 which you may need to use.

“Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity. After you request account  recovery, you'll get an email with a confirmation of your request and the date and time of when you can expect to regain access. … When the wait period is over, Apple sends you a text or automated phone call with instructions to regain access to your account.” Read the whole document carefully. 

Iphone XR Force Restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.