Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location services

I share my location with someone indefinitely and yesterday on July 19th around 3:11 p.m. my location showed that I was somewhere I’ve never been before meanwhile I was home the whole time. I am truly confused why or how this could happen and I want to be able to show or prove that I was actually home at that time. I tried location services but it shows I arrived at home at 3:19 when I got out of work at 2:05 and left by 2:10. It is roughly a 15 minute drive from work to my house. So it’s not possible I got home at that time. I guess I’m just wondering if there is a more accurate or reliable way to check location history or some kind of breakdown of exact times you open or check apps. Anything that could confirm I was at my true location and not this other random location. I truly am lost and would appreciate some help. Thank you.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 5:03 PM

Depending on connectivity to Wi-Fi or cellular, the location may not be exact so this is not something to be concerned with. Since the GPS signal may not be able to get through the building your device will use Wi-Fi or cellular networks to determine your location.

1 reply

Location services

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.