Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone shows over 20 gb of “other” storage. What’s happening?

My iPhone shows over 20 gb of “other” storage. I cleared the cache and deleted most of my pictures and my iPhone storage is still full. What’s happening?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 5:26 PM

Other is all data on the phone that is not shown in the colored graph categories when you go to Settings/General/iPhone Storage. Other is typically 1-2 GB, but can be more if you have a lot of app data. If it is very large (>10GB) there may be storage corruption on your phone. To fix this follow these steps:

Here is additional information on Other—>What is "Other" and What Can I Do… - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2020 5:26 PM in response to luissamperio

Other is all data on the phone that is not shown in the colored graph categories when you go to Settings/General/iPhone Storage. Other is typically 1-2 GB, but can be more if you have a lot of app data. If it is very large (>10GB) there may be storage corruption on your phone. To fix this follow these steps:

Here is additional information on Other—>What is "Other" and What Can I Do… - Apple Community

My iPhone shows over 20 gb of “other” storage. What’s happening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.