Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet issue. I am connected to my own home Wifi but not working

I am connected to my home wifi and internet working, I can search webpages even download but I cant access mail all of a sudden and cannot access my University's online learning through Webex which was annoying. Internet is fine except for those things. I can receive mail but not send it through mail.

It's weird. The only thing to note would be that I recently turned off file vault and computer is doing the 2 day long decryption but not sure that would have anything to do with the internet?

Help super appreciated. Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 8:05 PM

Make a New Location, Using network locations in Mac OS X ...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2712

System Preferences>Network, top of window>Locations>Edit Locations, little plus icon, give it a name.

System Preferences>Network, click on the little gear at the bottom next to the + & - icons, (unlock lock first if locked), choose Set Service Order.

The interface that connects to the Internet should be dragged to the top of the list.

Sys Prefs>Network>highlight the Interface you're using>Advanced>TCP/IP>Configure IPv4: Using DHCP.

If using Wifi, instead of joining your Network from the list, click the WiFi icon at the top, and click join other network. Fill in everything as needed.

System Preferences>Network>choose interface>Advanced>Proxies Tab, make sure none are set, like for HTTP & HTTPS.

System Preferences>Network, unlock the lock if need be, highlight the Interface you use to connect to Internet, click on the advanced button, click on the DNS tab, click on the little plus icon, then add these numbers...

Apply.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2020 8:05 PM in response to Autumncc

Make a New Location, Using network locations in Mac OS X ...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2712

System Preferences>Network, top of window>Locations>Edit Locations, little plus icon, give it a name.

System Preferences>Network, click on the little gear at the bottom next to the + & - icons, (unlock lock first if locked), choose Set Service Order.

The interface that connects to the Internet should be dragged to the top of the list.

Sys Prefs>Network>highlight the Interface you're using>Advanced>TCP/IP>Configure IPv4: Using DHCP.

If using Wifi, instead of joining your Network from the list, click the WiFi icon at the top, and click join other network. Fill in everything as needed.

System Preferences>Network>choose interface>Advanced>Proxies Tab, make sure none are set, like for HTTP & HTTPS.

System Preferences>Network, unlock the lock if need be, highlight the Interface you use to connect to Internet, click on the advanced button, click on the DNS tab, click on the little plus icon, then add these numbers...

Apply.

Jul 26, 2020 7:03 PM in response to BDAqua

Tried that and didn't seem to do it.

Also noticed I can't download podcasts on iTunes.. It's definitely happened straight after I decrypted my encrypted MAC HD.

So since then it's been this strange internet connection where somethings are fine and others won't work. Tried hotspotting my phone so it's not the Modem connection, it's the computer itself ....Any ideas?

Internet issue. I am connected to my own home Wifi but not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.