Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to delete Updates folder

Hi. I have a MacBook Pro with Catalina OS 10.15.4 with 128GB hard drive. I see that the folder Library/Updates has ~8GB. I am unable to delete the folders/files (lot of PKG) and claim that space. Also, there is a notification saying that I need to update to 10.15.6. When I click on update, the machine restarts - but the update is not happening at all. I am suspecting due to lack of space in my hard drive, which I am hoping will be cleared by deleting the files from Updates. Appreciate your help and response. Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 8:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 6:36 PM

Hey there, Catalina_questions,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. We see that you're having trouble installing the macOS Catalina 10.15.6 update and you have concerns it's related to not having enough disk space. We're happy to help!

Based on what you describe as happening when you try to update, it is possible the issue is related to low disk space. To solve that problem, we recommend utilizing the following Apple Support articles:

How to free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

Optimize storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

Once you've made space, you should be able to install the update successfully. If you still have trouble, though, don't hesitate to respond back.

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2020 6:36 PM in response to Catalina_questions

Hey there, Catalina_questions,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. We see that you're having trouble installing the macOS Catalina 10.15.6 update and you have concerns it's related to not having enough disk space. We're happy to help!

Based on what you describe as happening when you try to update, it is possible the issue is related to low disk space. To solve that problem, we recommend utilizing the following Apple Support articles:

How to free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

Optimize storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

Once you've made space, you should be able to install the update successfully. If you still have trouble, though, don't hesitate to respond back.

Cheers!

Unable to delete Updates folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.