Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery life not going 100%

my battery’s heath is at 97% now

is it normal that the battery life will not be 100% unless replace it with a new one?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 3:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 11:36 AM

Hi MarkAbulencia,

No Problem, I'm here to help! Now that I better understand the situation, is it that the phone stops charging or does it charge slowly once it reaches 97%? Sometimes, the iPhone can take an extremely long time to charge that final 5% (95-100% total charge). This is normal, iPhones trickle charge once they have been charged upto 80%. Give the phone about 30 mins or so more on the charger (it shouldn't take that long but just to see) once it charges to 97 and see if it charges to 100% after that time has passed.

I hope this helps.

-Percival876

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2020 11:36 AM in response to MarkAbulencia

Hi MarkAbulencia,

No Problem, I'm here to help! Now that I better understand the situation, is it that the phone stops charging or does it charge slowly once it reaches 97%? Sometimes, the iPhone can take an extremely long time to charge that final 5% (95-100% total charge). This is normal, iPhones trickle charge once they have been charged upto 80%. Give the phone about 30 mins or so more on the charger (it shouldn't take that long but just to see) once it charges to 97 and see if it charges to 100% after that time has passed.

I hope this helps.

-Percival876

Jul 21, 2020 3:46 AM in response to MarkAbulencia

Hi MarkAbulencia,

Do you mean Battery life as in when you plug in your phone and it shows the amount of charge on the lock screen/in control center? Or are you referring to Battery Health in the Battery section of settings.

If you are referring to battery health in settings, it is perfectly normal for your battery to go down over time. No matter how much you charge it, the battery health will not get better. Batteries naturally degrade over time.

Here is an Article that Apple has provided in relation to the batteries:

Apple Article - https://www.apple.com/batteries/

I hope this helps.

-Percival876

Battery life not going 100%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.