Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to send attachments with Mail Drop

iMac Pro, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 5:46 AM

4 replies

Jul 24, 2020 8:12 AM in response to Cortesano

Hello Cortesano,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to send attachments with Mail Drop in the Mail app on your Mac. To help with this, please make sure you are following the limits of Mail Drop below and other steps in this Apple resource:

"Attachments might not be sent using Mail Drop if they exceed these limits:

• The message, including its attachments, is larger than 5 GB. Try sending the contents of your message in multiple email messages or compressing your attachments to make them as small as possible.
  • An uncompressed folder is attached to the message. Use these steps to compress your attachments.
  • Too many messages have been sent or the maximum number of recipients has been exceeded. Learn about mailbox size and message sending limits.
  • You reached the 1 TB Mail Drop storage limit. Each attachment expires after 30 days, so you can send new attachments after earlier attachments expire and more storage becomes available."

Mail Drop limits

Cheers!

Jul 24, 2020 3:45 PM in response to raina_b22

What you have given me is a generic answer, I have 2T of space, and in another of my email address I can send the same attachments without problems. Before you tell me I have to speak to my provider, their Network Solutions told me I had to go to you.

I have been using Mail for years and it is full of defects that you never repair and this is not right for loyalists like me they hope for your interest, for example the Signatures are a big problem the window is not adjustable and if you have Signatures with large designs it is impossible to work on it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.