Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I approve a new phone from another device?

I have an iPhone XR and somehow while in my pocket it did a full factory reset. After setting my phone back up it is now saying “Update Apple ID Settings - Some account services will not be available until you sign in again.” I have done this several times. It will ask for Apple ID password, iPhone password, then my iPad password. However, when I use my iPad passcode, it says “verification failed. There was an error verifying the passcode of your iPad.” I’ve done this probably 20 times now and I even used an old password but then the error message says incorrect password so I’m entering the correct password for my iPad. It will finally send an error saying I need to go to another device signed into iCloud to approve this phone. I have done this and the XR is on my list and showing up but I’m still getting the error code. Doesn’t seem to affect any functions just super annoying.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 6:23 AM

For the Update Apple Settings, some people have fixed this by signing out of iCloud, restarting their device, and then logging back in. That hasn't worked for everyone.

For the passcode, if you restored a backup of your phone, have you tried using the passcode from the phone instead of the iPad passcode? If you see an option to reset encrypted data, several people have posted they did that and lost little to no data.

For the approval from another device, see if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2020 6:23 AM in response to Nsales2

For the Update Apple Settings, some people have fixed this by signing out of iCloud, restarting their device, and then logging back in. That hasn't worked for everyone.

For the passcode, if you restored a backup of your phone, have you tried using the passcode from the phone instead of the iPad passcode? If you see an option to reset encrypted data, several people have posted they did that and lost little to no data.

For the approval from another device, see if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   

How do I approve a new phone from another device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.