Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID not working for app store

When I try to update an app on my iPad it asks me to put in my Apple ID password, it always says it’s wrong even though it’s right what should I do? I’ve already reset my password and changed it and it still won’t work. I can sign into my Apple ID in settings with this password but it won’t work in the App Store

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 12:35 PM

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

Or you can try to set up Family Sharing  between the IDs to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.        

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2020 12:35 PM in response to Fiona_A

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

Or you can try to set up Family Sharing  between the IDs to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.        

Apple ID not working for app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.