Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receiving phone calls stating there is unauthorized activity

I am receiving numerous phone calls stating that there is unauthorized activity on my iCloud account. They have called about 10 times today. I am assuming they are phishing for info. Would Apple di this or contact me another way

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 12:30 PM

All calls like the one you received are scams/phishing attempts. They are made by criminals that prey on the unwary. Apple never would make a call like this. Apple only calls if a user if the user has arranged the call. 

And, there are thing you can do to lessen the annoyance of such calls. For example, I hardy answer my land or iPhone any more. I only answer if caller ID or my contact list shows that I probably know the caller. Also, I figure that anyone that know me will leave a message if they have anything important to say and I don't answer. 

And, if you want to, you can get a land-line system that you can use in blocking scam/spam calls. Also they can be blocked from an iPhone. Last, I think this Apple document can be used to block scam calls as well as spam calls: Detect and block spam phone calls  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207099

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2020 12:30 PM in response to 28bell

All calls like the one you received are scams/phishing attempts. They are made by criminals that prey on the unwary. Apple never would make a call like this. Apple only calls if a user if the user has arranged the call. 

And, there are thing you can do to lessen the annoyance of such calls. For example, I hardy answer my land or iPhone any more. I only answer if caller ID or my contact list shows that I probably know the caller. Also, I figure that anyone that know me will leave a message if they have anything important to say and I don't answer. 

And, if you want to, you can get a land-line system that you can use in blocking scam/spam calls. Also they can be blocked from an iPhone. Last, I think this Apple document can be used to block scam calls as well as spam calls: Detect and block spam phone calls  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207099

Receiving phone calls stating there is unauthorized activity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.