Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I update my software without WiFi

How to update your software using cellular data

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 7:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 7:30 PM

As Ckuan mentioned in the response above, you cannot update your iPhone over the cellular network.

If you do not want to use WiFi to update your iPhone then have another option and that is to update your iPhone with the use of a computer. Please click on this link which will guide you ➔ How to update your iPhone (Scroll down to the instructions - Update your device using your computer.)

The thing is that you will still need a connection to the internet for your computer.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2020 7:30 PM in response to shyaka16

As Ckuan mentioned in the response above, you cannot update your iPhone over the cellular network.

If you do not want to use WiFi to update your iPhone then have another option and that is to update your iPhone with the use of a computer. Please click on this link which will guide you ➔ How to update your iPhone (Scroll down to the instructions - Update your device using your computer.)

The thing is that you will still need a connection to the internet for your computer.

Axel F.

How can I update my software without WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.