Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scan docs in notes.

How do you scan docs in notes? I can’t see the little camera icon just above the keyboard that enables you to scan doc.

In fact I see no other options like highlight etc.

How do get the options to appear just above the keyboard? In particular the camera icon so I can scan docs?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 1:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 3:01 AM

Here's a very short YouTube video by Apple on how to do it, although this looks like it's for a previous iOS version: How to scan documents on your iPhone with the Notes app

Here's a support article, this looks like it's up to date: How to scan documents on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using the Notes app

I can see the camera icon on my iPhone running iOS 13.6 in the Notes app after creating a new note. If you can't see that bar with the camera icon above the keyboard, maybe there's a + sign above the keyboard to the right that you need to tap to expand it.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2020 3:01 AM in response to DanFaceme

Here's a very short YouTube video by Apple on how to do it, although this looks like it's for a previous iOS version: How to scan documents on your iPhone with the Notes app

Here's a support article, this looks like it's up to date: How to scan documents on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using the Notes app

I can see the camera icon on my iPhone running iOS 13.6 in the Notes app after creating a new note. If you can't see that bar with the camera icon above the keyboard, maybe there's a + sign above the keyboard to the right that you need to tap to expand it.

Scan docs in notes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.