Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System update issues, Spotify

Hello, I wanted to play some song on my spotify (on iPad) and the app was not working. After reseting and reinstalling it’s still not working. Then I found out, that there is an system update available (iPad OS 13.6) so I thought it could be the cause of not working spotify so downloaded it. Now it keeps saying that there is some error and the update can not be downloaded. Please help

Thank you, have a great day and sorry for my english😀

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 2:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 4:18 AM

If it exists, delete the failed update package from the iPad...

Settings > General > iPad Storage

Scroll down the list of Applications until you find the Apple Update - then tap and select Delete Update.

Next, forced-restart your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

After restarting the iPad, attempt to update the iPad:

Settings > General > Software Update

I hope this proves to be helpful in resolving the problem.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2020 4:18 AM in response to I_ate_the_apple

If it exists, delete the failed update package from the iPad...

Settings > General > iPad Storage

Scroll down the list of Applications until you find the Apple Update - then tap and select Delete Update.

Next, forced-restart your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

After restarting the iPad, attempt to update the iPad:

Settings > General > Software Update

I hope this proves to be helpful in resolving the problem.

System update issues, Spotify

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.