Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I update software on my iPhone 5s to iOS 12 if I don’t have a computer?

How can I update my iPhone 5s to iOS 12 if I don’t have a computer? My phone state’s iOS 12 is available for my iPhone 5s,... BUT, says “The version of iOS (8.3) running on my iPhone does not support wirelessly updating to this version of iOS.” It’s saying I have to “Connect my device to iTunes on a computer to update to the latest software”. Is there any way to update my iPhone using my iPad?? Please Help. Thank-you.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 2:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 11:52 AM

Hello Mdemarco,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that you would like to know how to update your iPhone if you don't have a computer. In situations like this you will need to borrow a computer from a friend, family member or make an appointment at an Apple Store in order to update your iPhone software. There are only two ways to update the software on your iPhone. If you are not able to update the software over Wi-Fi then you will need to use a computer as instructed in the following article:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2020 11:52 AM in response to Mdemarco

Hello Mdemarco,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that you would like to know how to update your iPhone if you don't have a computer. In situations like this you will need to borrow a computer from a friend, family member or make an appointment at an Apple Store in order to update your iPhone software. There are only two ways to update the software on your iPhone. If you are not able to update the software over Wi-Fi then you will need to use a computer as instructed in the following article:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Best Regards.

How can I update software on my iPhone 5s to iOS 12 if I don’t have a computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.