Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 4 - no longer tracking high intensity interval training active calories correctly

For the last week my Apple Watch has been incorrectly calculating active calories burned during my workouts. I used to burn almost 300 calories (with the same workout), that I am not only getting about 125 calories burned. I tracked this against a number of different workouts over the last week and the watch is calculating less than half of what it used to.

I tried everything - re-calibrated, checked allot he recommended settings, did an outdoor walk, etc. All software is up to date on both my iPhone and iWatch and this didnt help. I also force re-started both and this didnt fix the problem either. Please help.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 10:30 AM

The only other thing I can suggest is to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup. This deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

2 replies

Jul 22, 2020 1:06 PM in response to javaliga

Thank you - I know that this was the last resort and I just unpaired and restored from backup. I will let you know if that solves the problem. The issue seems to be exclusively with the “High Intensity Training” workout selection. When I did the outdoor walk to re-calibrate, the Active calories seemed to calculate/work fine. In fact I burned more calories in that 20 min walk then I did in the high intensity training workout I did for 40 mins. So it is def not working.

Apple Watch series 4 - no longer tracking high intensity interval training active calories correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.