Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have changed my Apple id twice today. However, when I shut down my computer and restart it will only take the old Apple id. What I am doing wrong?

I have changed my Apple id twice today. However, when I shut down my computer and restart it will only take the old Apple id. What I am doing wrong?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 12:37 PM

To login to your computer, you need the Admin account's password, not your Apple ID unless you used it for the password. Changing your Apple ID does not have any impact on the password for your Admin account.

How to change the admin password on a Mac - Macworld UK

Change or reset the password of a macOS user account - Apple Support

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2020 12:37 PM in response to celiafromburbank

To login to your computer, you need the Admin account's password, not your Apple ID unless you used it for the password. Changing your Apple ID does not have any impact on the password for your Admin account.

How to change the admin password on a Mac - Macworld UK

Change or reset the password of a macOS user account - Apple Support

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.