Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud notifications

Why doesn’t iPhone backup failed notification go away after I disabled automatic backups through iCloud on both my iPad and iPhone 11 Pro? I have tried doing a hard reset, resetting network settings and even created a backup and deleted it, just to find out the notification returns shortly after. It’s almost like the message is there on purpose..

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 3:19 PM

It's possibly due to lack of storage or it could be something else. Unless the issue is corrected, it will continue to provide you with that notification -- If you can't back up to iCloud or restore from iCloud backup failed - Apple Support.

3 replies

Jul 22, 2020 6:12 PM in response to zinacef

Thanks for trying to help but read my original post, after turning off backups didn’t get rid of the notification, I said screw it and tried doing an iCloud backup with enough iCloud storage. As soon as the backup completes, I tried to delete the newly created backup and turn automatic backups back off and the message still comes back!

iCloud notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.