Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

drag and drop to import mp3 to Music

I keep the majority of my music on an external hard drive and delete and add songs from Music, and before that iTunes, to save on file space. As of a few weeks ago I could still drag and drop the mp3 file into Music. I was trying to put some other music into Music and the drag and drop isn't working. I was able to import by clicking File > Import > and choosing the drive and selecting the file, but that is tedious. Is there a way to turn drag and drop back on for Music. I can drag and drop to my desk top, to the external drive, and I can drag and drop m4b files to Books but not mp3s to Music.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 4:33 PM

Bendix,

Drag-n-drop the files to the Automatically Add to Music folder. (Do this while Music is running.) If the file is compatible it will be added to your library. If it is not compatible, it will be placed in a Not Added folder.

4 replies

drag and drop to import mp3 to Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.