Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone changed the phone number on my Icloud account and I can't access any of the stuff i have in storage. Is there any solution to this

Is there anyway to get to my Icloud storage if someone changed the phone number and I cant access it using my Apple ID anymore?

iPad mini (5th Generation), iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 6:50 AM

And you can be sure I will share my whole experience with Apple Support with everyone I know who has Apple Products. One of the many many Apple Support Advisers actually said he didn’t recommend Apple products. Now I see why

15 replies

Jul 25, 2020 6:47 AM in response to LACAllen

Wow That was not a you kind response.

It is helpful to know that when your account is hacked by someone fraudulently there is no way to ever access it again.

I guess I am hopeful my experience is shared with other Apple users so they can be sure to use another back up and storage system Instead of iCloud.

I know I no longer trust it. But it is clear you don’t care about that

Jul 24, 2020 4:49 PM in response to zinacef

It is confusing. I did the recovery. Which means I had to take my phone and iPad back to how they were when I first got them. However, usually the information from the cloud can then be reloaded onto the phone and iPad.

In my case when I try to access my iCloud account that was attached to my email to authenticate they send the last 4 digits of the phone number. It is not a number I recognize. So I can’t authenticate. And Apple support advisors say there is no way to access it unless I know the number. And I don’t.

Here is the complete history.

June 12th I had charges on my Apple Card account that I didn’t recognize I called Apple support. The person i spoke to(not sure if Apple support or Apple credit card support )but they asked for my passcode for my phone and proceeded to access my phone and said they took the credit card off so I’d have no more charges. Right after that I got messages that my account had been changed. When I tried to log in it showed that different phone number. Then several different charges were made and money was taken from my bank account by it said Apple credit. I finally resolved that issue and notified the FTC and the credit report companies.

and then tried to get the iCloud information fixed through Apple support. Finally they asked me to provide proof of purchase so they could unlock my account. Did all that but could not retrieve anything from ICloud. So my phone works my iPad works but it has none of my previous information. Which was several years of pictures which is devastating to me.

Jul 24, 2020 5:31 PM in response to zinacef

I called 800 275 2273. I can’t prove that any longer though as I had to recover my phone so it’s lost. I also had text messages they are also lost. I have emails after that from Apple about my email that I changed as my Apple ID as they said I had a different email for Apple. I didn’t have another one but I believe someone else did that. When I was taking to them they repeatedly said I had an alias. I do not.

I realize it isn’t likely it was Apple. But this is when the problem started happening. And the number above is the only number I called.

interestingly as I was trying to resolve the credit card issue and I thought my account was closed I still had charges as well as money taken from my bank account from Goldman Sachs Apple when I called Goldman Sachs directly at a different number. They stated I had reactivated my account using a different email. I had also changed my address. Since I didn’t do that they again closed my account and sent me a paper copy of what I owed. They couldn’t send me an email as according to them they email they had wasn’t the one I gave them. They wouldn’t tell me what the email was.

Jul 25, 2020 6:24 AM in response to JennyGreenman

JennyGreenman wrote:

Yes I am aware. But it doesn’t change the fact that MY iCloud storage is no longer accessible to me any other way. This is what I am frustrated and very very unhappy about.

Ok. Not sure what you want someone to say to you. You have lost access to that account. Not surprised you are unhappy about this.

There is no solution without the phone number. Whoever changed the phone number on your account has caused this issue for you.

Someone changed the phone number on my Icloud account and I can't access any of the stuff i have in storage. Is there any solution to this

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.